CorporateTravel.ID – Every meeting has an end. Summarize the discussion and re-cap any decisions made. Set a date and time for next meeting if necessary. Close the meeting with a positive note.
- If you need to extend the meeting, ask the participants if they mind. Don’t assume. Add any unfinished business to the next agenda if we can’t include it in this meeting.
- Ask everyone to share his or her thoughts after the meeting. Sometimes good and great ideas need time to incubate.
- Give out awards. Make it interesting. Include prizes if possible.
- Give thanks. Get everyone to raise his or her right hand. Keep it up until 5 seconds until they start to confused, and then tell them to give themselves a pat of their own back for a well-done job.
- Invite everyone to post-meeting drinks. It is a great opportunity to networking and gets feedbacks. People will be more open and honest about what they think and feel, in a more relax environment.
- Create a contact list, so they can provide their email address and mobile number. There’s no reason why we should not keeping in touch.